If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Updated Site Feeds, Podcasts, and Links

As I continue to scour the Net for the best gaming-related feeds, podcasts, and blogs, I'll continue to update this site to reflect my findings. I've added some new feeds, removed stale feeds, and added some new links to the GAMING NEWS & REVIEWS and GAMING BLOGS sections of The Greedy Gamer.


In my desire to keep my Feed and Podcast content fresh and enjoyable, I was forced to remove a couple of feeds that I felt weren't producing enough content to warrant holding a spot on my site's main page. Both the Xbox.com and the GameDaily feeds have been removed to make room for some newer content that I hope will continue to breathe life into The Greedy Gamer. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying these sites or their feeds are bad; my main concern was the lack of new items being added to these feeds.

As for the new feeds and podcasts, please welcome:

  • b5media Video Games Channel
    b5media is a global blog network that gathers together a number of quality blogs under one roof. The Video Game Channel feed represents the newest news item from growing collection of top quality video game blogs. If you ask me, there's no such thing as too much information, especially when it comes to the video game industry.

  • Game Diggity Video Feed
    If you're like me than you enjoy watching video game trailers, walk-throughs, and other great cinematic gaming content. The Game Diggity Video Feed provides all this and more in convenient list format. The amount of content generated in this one feed is pretty impressive and highly entertaining.

  • Gamerscore Blog Feed
    Get your news straight from the horse's mouth! This blog is written by members of Microsoft's Games Global Marketing team. If you're a fan of the Xbox 360, this feed is one of the greatest sources of information available!

  • Gamerscore Blog Podcast
    Too tired to read? Why not check out the latest and greatest Gamerscore Blog news in audio format?! Good stuff!

Not only do we have new feeds and podcasts available on the site: we've also added some new site links:

  • Game Diggity
    Sure, you can check out their video feed in The Greedy Gamer's Gaming News feeds. But if you don't visit Game Diggity on a regular basis, I can guarantee that you're missing out on a huge amount of video game info. Do yourself a favour and give them a visit!

  • The Angry Video Game Nerd
    Ever find yourself fuming while playing a game? Upset with game designers, the gaming industry, or your poorly conceived Sega console? Well, The Angry Video Game Nerd tackles all comers in his very entertaining, insightful, and swear-word-riddled videos! Imagine Kevin Smith with a controller in his hand and you might begin to understand the fury that is the The Angry Video Game Nerd.

  • Gamerscore Blog
    You think you don't need to visit the Gamerscore Blog because of the RSS and podcast feeds on my site? Guess again! There's a whole lot more where that came from and the Gamerscore Blog team are the real deal.


Well, that's it for this site update. Granted - not that much new content, but it's the quality that counts.

Keep checking back - I'm not done looking for the best of the best that the Net has to offer when it comes to video games.

Until next time, I've got a whole lotta surfing to do...

0 comments: