If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

GTA IV: The Second Trailer

You want the new GTA IV trailer? You'll find it after the jump!




Analysis and discussions will come at a later time. I still haven't watched the trailer myself...

--

Ok, I've watched the trailer and here are my impressions:

  • Accents sound a little funny and over-the-top, but that's cool: it is a GTA game! From the few snippets found in the trailer, I'd say the voice-acting seems pretty good - but it's hard to tell from a minute-long video.
  • You can see how the camera rides much closer to the car as you drive, giving the game a more cinematic feel.
  • The graphics are pretty good. However, the game is still in beta and I was watching a streaming video so I'm figuring that the graphics will really sing come GTA IV's release in October. I'm hoping that Rockstar works on adding more texture to the buildings and other viewable objects.
  • I'm looking forward to viewing Liberty City at different times of the day and night. The trailer shows Liberty City at different times of the day and the lighting and colour effects in each scene seem quite profound.
  • It was cool to watch the windshield of the car realistically reflect being shot: whether this occurs on-the-fly during gameplay remains to be seen. If so, then awesome!
  • There is a high level of detail in each of the scenes: trees, pedestrians, other cars, lamp posts, shadows - very cool!
  • My only complaint about the trailer is that it wasn't long enough. I want to see some longer scenes and see a little more of the in-game action. But I guess I'd do the same if I were in Rockstar's shoes: give the gamers what they want, but only to whet their appetites. I'm looking forward to the next trailer and, hopefully, a playable demo on Xbox Live Marketplace sometime in the fall.

I'll leave the real analysis of the video to the professionals who'll undoubtedly go through the trailer frame-by-frame.

As for me, my lunch break is over and I've got work to do.

0 comments: