If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

War Never Changes...

Oh boy! Whether you know it or not, Bethesda Softworks announced that they are currently working on the next sequel in the Fallout series, Fallout 3. If you happened to be a gamer back in the 90s, then you're probably pretty psyched about this news. The question on everyone's minds: will Bethesda score a critical hit or will Fallout 3 become radscorpion fodder?

First off, not sure what I'm talking about when I say Fallout 3? Bethesda was kind enough to release a teaser trailer to the game and post it on the Internet for all to see. If this trailer is any indication of the final product, Fallout 3 is going to be one incredible game.

Check out the teaser trailer below:


Even before Fallout was released, I played a little game called Wasteland, published by EA Games. I remember very little about the game itself, having played it about 18 years ago. What I do remember is that it was a great post-apocalyptic adventure through a wasteland inhabited by mutants and irradiated animals.

A couple years into my university education, Interplay released Fallout. At the time, I was unaware that Fallout was the spiritual successor to Wasteland. I remember playing through Fallout and insisting to my friend that I'd played a similar game while in years past. Needless to say, Fallout was awesome! Graphics, sound, and tons of violence! Nothing beat taking your Red Rider BB Gun and shooting others' eyes out (an homage to A Christmas Story, I'm sure).

Fallout 2 came out around my final year of university and it was more of the same. Great story, lots of morally ambiguous missions, cool fights, great enemies, and terrific NPCs. Fallout and Fallout 2 are probably two of the best RPGs you could ever play and are still worth checking out nowadays if you have the time!

Fast forward to present day and Bethesda's upcoming release of Fallout 3. Will they be able to please fans of the first two Fallout games? Will they get the atmosphere and fighting just right? Will the game be as violent, funny and engrossing as the original games?

Check out next month's Game Informer for all the details. In the meantime, you can check out scans of Game Informer's article here.

Fallout 3 is going to be awesome and I can't wait to get my hands on it...

0 comments: