If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Noooo! GTA IV Delayed Until 2008!

If you're like me, you must have been starting to wonder how you'd manage to get through all the great games being released this Fall and Holiday Season. Well, worry no longer: Q4 2007 has lost one of its biggest contenders for Game of the Year!

Late last week, Rockstar announced that it has decided to delay Grand Theft Auto IV's release to Q2 2008. The reason given? The "time-intensive" nature of dual platform development.

I'm sure that Xbox 360 fanboys are now complaining that the delays are due to the somewhat-difficult-to-develop-fo hardware of the PS3. And Sony fanboys will no doubt point out the Xbox 360 Core Systems' lack of a next-gen DVD drive and hard drive built into the core console systems causing headaches for the Rockstar dev crew.

In any case, this news really sucks. However, I now have enough time to enjoy BioShock, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect.

I guess it's not all bad...

2 comments:

Mike said...

I can live with that. After all, we only have so much cash to devote to games. ;)

With all this hype surrounding Bioshock, I really don't mind a delay for GTA IV.

Besides, this delay is for the 360 version. I hope the PC version is announced soon. Or else, I'd be pressed to ignore GTA IV entirely and go nuts in Mercenaries 2 instead.

Klopzi said...

Mike -

Yeah, I'm not too disappointed. I picked up BioShock last night and that'll keep me busy for the next month or so. After that, I've got Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and some older games to keep me occupied.

I'm just happy that there are so many great games coming down the pipe.