If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Neglected...

Well, it's been about two months since I last posted here. It's not that I'm not playing video games anymore, but I haven't been playing enough to warrant blogging about it. And as of September 30th, my life has changed quite a bit...

As I originally posted on my poker blog, Klopzi's Mediocre Poker, my second son was born on September 30th. What this means for me is less time for poker, less time for my Xbox 360, but more time for my brand-spanking-new Nintendo DS Lite.

On the DS, I'm currently playing through Elite Beat Agents and Phoenix Wright: Justice For All. I'm also throwing in a daily dose of Brain Age 2 so that I can accurately measure the decline in my mental facilities due to the sleep deprivation brought on by having two boys under the age of two.

On my Xbox 360, I'm continuing to plug away at BioShock. It really is a great game and I'm looking forward to playing through a second time on the hardest difficulty setting (gotta get those gamer points).

As for this site, it won't be updated all that often until I have more time on my hands. However, if I take a break from playing online poker, I may start to update more regularly here to compensate for my lack of posts at Klopzi's Mediocre Poker. As I've mentioned numerous times before, video games have always been a part of my life and will continue to play an integral role in my day to day life no matter how old I become.

I'm going to revamp the look of this site somewhat by removing all the advertisements. If I'm not posting, there's very little point in cluttering this space with banners and ad links.

If you're reading this, thanks for stopping by. I'll continue to post from time to time, although I'm still quite a ways away from making regular posts again.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Klopzi,

I bought Bioshock too, but I'm beginning to think it's a bad idea. I've been posting about it in my blog. Do have a look if you have the time. :)

What I'm looking forward to Gears of War for the PC, which is coming out next month. Gears has been the only game that almost made me buy a 360.

Now that Gears is coming to the PC, the 360's edge in terms of game library seems to have dulled.

The main thing keeping me from the 360 is the RRoD. I just hope the 65nm chips coming next year will change things. If not, it looks like the PS3 for me.

Klopzi said...

Mike,

You'll definitely enjoy Gears, though you may experience a little of that same "been there, done that" feel that you got with BioShock. However, the game is quite excellent - even more so if you enjoy online multiplayer.

As for the 360's edge, I'd like to see how well Star Wars: Force Unleashed, GTA IV, and Mass Effect perform. Each of these games is a console maker in my mind so it'll be interesting to see the sales numbers.

I'll be getting a PS3 at some point, but I'm still waiting for the games to drop in price along with a lower console price. Game developers are really having difficulty writing solid code that runs well on the PS3. I'm guessing it'll be another year before the PS3 really kicks things into high gear.

And, once again, it'll be games like L.A. Noire and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune that will make or break the PS3 (since both Heavenly Sword and Lair failed to live up to the hype).