If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Must. Buy. Now!

I don't have time to write up an gameplay report for The Darkness today since things went a little too well last night on the game-front. Suffice it to say that I picked up a slew of achievements (5) and a a large number of gamer points too (180)! Instead, I want to discuss something that's been driving me crazy for the past couple days.

There are three huge problems that I'm facing right from a gamer perspective. Namely, Mass Effect, Half-Life 2: The Orange Box, and Assassin's Creed are all making me miserable. But aren't these games the bees knees? Haven't they all been deemed the shizzit for this holiday season? Yes they have - and that's the problem.

Since early yesterday morning, I've worked myself into a frenzy while pouring over the reviews for these games and scouring the Internet for the best deals on these three games. I know I don't have much time for gaming! I know that I have great new and completely untouched games sitting for me at home begging me for a little of my precious time! I know that I shouldn't be spending a lot of money on new games when I could just wait for any or all of these titles to be discounted or sold "used".

The truth is: I don't care!

Every review, every screenshot, every trailer, every game-play demo screams "Buy me!".

Mass Effect is supposed to be an awesome RPG. Game Rankings lists Mass Effect as the fourth best Role-Playing Game of all time behind only Knights of the Old Republic, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Baldur's Gate II. This type of praise and great reviews make Mass Effect an absolute must-play game in my book.




Half-Life 2: The Orange Box is currently ranked as the fourth best Action-FPS game of all time! And unless you own a Wii (Super Mario Galaxy), GameCube (Metroid Prime), or a Sega Dreamcast (Soul Calibur), Half-Life 2 is as good as it gets! I think that if it wasn't for all the Nintendo fan boys out there, The Orange Box would easily be rated as the #1! Can you say Portal?! Jebus! I really want The Orange Box...



For all the stupid little and utterly nit-picky negatives that have come out surrounding Assassin's Creed, it still ranks as the third best Action-Adventure game of all time for the Xbox 360! Only Dead Rising and Splinter Cell: Double Agent have higher average scores. I honestly believe that Assassin's Creed got shafted by some of its reviewers. The game is beautiful, chock-full of innovation, and fun as a bastard to play! What other excuse do you need to buy this game? And since I have no excuses myself, I need to get my hands on this bad-boy as soon as humanly possible.



I want to play each of these games so badly that I can almost taste it. I'm so desperate to experience all that these games have to offer that I'll even forego looking up the achievements prior to playing each of these games. That's right: I'm going in blind! I'll most likely play each of these games so throroughly that I should be finishing up with these titles just in time for Grand Theft Auto IV's release!

This is the best holiday season ever in terms of games! Do your utmost to get out there and pick up as many of these wonderful games as possible. And to think that I haven't even mentioned Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Guitar Hero III, and Rock Band!

To quote Old Grandma Hardcore: Game on.

0 comments: