If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Do you DS?


Ok, quick post today! I didn't have a chance to fire up Assassin's Creed last night, but I'm holding out hope for some time tonight! Don't you hate it when you get a new game and just can't seem to get enough time to play it as much as you'd like? Yep, I'm there. In any case, I thought today would be a good time to point out what I've been doing on the Nintendo DS front.

I finally managed beat the Sweatin' difficulty in Elite Beat Agents. I will say one thing: I'm pretty sick of hearing Jumpin' Jack Flash! That last song on Sweatin' difficulty is incredibly hard. I also made matters far worse by playing the game on the bus ride to and from work. Imagine trying to hit little targets on a DS screen while bouncing up-and-down and side-to-side on public transportation. I can't tell you how many times I had some random person bump into me and cause me to fail the song. For the record, it took me two weeks to beat Jumpin' Jack Flash. I've also tried the Hard Rock difficulty setting but it's way too hard for me right now. And what gives with the Elite Beat Divas? I think I'd rather have the Agents back.

--

I've put aside Lunar Knights: Vampire Hunters. The game itself just didn't interest me in the end. The game got some pretty strong reviews but just didn't do it for me. If you're interested in purchasing my copy of the game, I'm currently selling it on eBay. It's in perfect condition and can be yours for a reasonable price!

Click here if you'd like to view and bid on the game.

--

I currently picked up a copy of Meteos off of eBay for a good price. I heard the game was pretty good and my initial time with the game seems to confirm the reviews I've read. My only concern is the game's difficulty - but I should get better at the game in time. Right now, I'm getting soundly owned...

--

I'm almost finished Phoenix Wright: Justice for All. It's a pretty good game, though I find large portions of the game to be a bit tedious. My biggest complaint comes when you're trying to decide between two or more pieces of evidence to present in court. Even if each piece of evidence is enough to show a flaw in a witness's testimony, the game seems to accept only one piece of evidence as being the correct one. This leads to a lot of trial and error on my part as I try to guide Phoenix to his inevitable courtroom victory.

--

I'm looking to pick up Picross DS and Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords for my DS in the next little while. I find that the DS is best used for puzzle-type games where graphics and sound don't matter as much as pure gameplay. That's probably why I much prefer Elite Beat Agents and Meteos some of the other DS games I've played in the past couple months.

--

Ok, that's all for now. I'm hoping to be back tomorrow with a little more Assassin's Creed talk!

0 comments: