If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Marines, Assassins, and Yuletide Cheer

Christmas is about presents or the birth of Jesus depending on the "camp" to which you belong. I say it's about spending time with family and getting a lot of time in with the new games and toys you found beneath the tree on Christmas morning. This year, I've found that the holiday season has become a battleground as a space marine and an ancient assassin duke it out for a piece of my free time.

It looks like Mass Effect's Alliance Commander Shepard is beginning to win the fight against Assassin's Creed's Altaïr. Since Christmas Eve, the only game I've played has been Mass Effect. Sound, graphics, and story are all excellent! I feel bad for brushing Altaïr aside but it's beyond my control. My wife also bought me Mass Effect: Revelation (a sci-fi book that takes place in the Mass Effect Universe) for Christmas which really isn't helping Assassin's Creed regain its edge over the competition.

My only complaint so far about Mass Effect is still in regards to the copious amounts of dialogue. It's all well-spoken and believably acted...but there is so much of it! Then again, RPGs have always been long, drawn out affairs with lots of chatter and fetch quests so I really shouldn't complain.

I'm hoping to play a little (or a lot) tonight. I'm currently seeking out a bounty hunter: someone needs killing and we need his help. Good times...

0 comments: