If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Little Kids, Big Apes, and Eastern Europeans

I didn't get much of a chance to spend time with my Xbox 360 this weekend. Sometimes the life of a family man gets a little busy. But I still managed to squeeze in a little game-related activities since last Friday.

Played a little Blue Dragon. This game is huge! And I'm getting nowhere fast. Definitely won't be finishing this up before GTA IV hits on April 29.

I also spent a little time with King Kong. I've only earned 2 out of 9 achievements and they're slow-coming. The game does a good job of making you feel like you're playing through a movie. But there are times when the lack of HUD and poor sound design make certain scenarios confusing and overly difficult. In any case, there's no way I'm giving up on King Kong until I've picked up all 1000 GamerPoint. At that point, it'll be going up for sale on eBay for the next lucky 360 gamer looking to pad his or her gamer score.

Before I go, I'm going to post the video analysis of the most recent GTA IV trailer. Lots of good stuff here and well worth watching! GTA IV is going to be awesome!




Have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Klopzi

i got directed here from your poker site! What are gamerpoints?

Enjoyed the trailer - thanks.
Darrus (aka 5cent Refund)

Klopzi said...

Darrus -

Check out this wiki article (look for Gamerccore) to get a quick overview of gamerpoints (aka achievement points).

In a nutshell, retail games can offer up to 1000 achievement points per game. These points are awarded by completing various in-game tasks to unlock achievements. Some achievements are easy, some are hard, but all award a varying number of achievement points.

Read through some of the articles on this site to get an idea of what I mean by achievements. I have a number of posts devoted to unlocking specific achievements for a variety of games.