If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mass Effect Almost Finished?

I played a couple hours of Mass Effect last night. I'm closing in on the end of the game, I think. Which means that I'm pretty close to seeing the amorous scene between Shepard and Ashley that has caused such a commotion in the media. Nothing drives innovation like controversy...

Funny thing: I just finished reading a semi-spoiler at Xbox360Achievements.org. I was trying to see if there was a way to pick up the Paramour achievement without having to "seal the deal" with Ashley Williams (or any of the other in-game love interest). As a married man, I can tell you that there is a large subset of wives that aren't too keen on watching their husbands' on-screen avatars get down and dirty with another woman. Since I couldn't care less about in-game sex scenes, I'll go grab a drink while Shepard and Ashley hit it.

In any case, I won't say what spoiler I read: that would be mean. But I now have an idea of how things will play out. It should be pretty good!

I've still got a number of side missions to clear up before I can face-off against Saren. But I'm hoping it will happen soon. At this point, Shepard can basically walk into a room filled with bad guys and just destroy them. It's a good feeling.

I'll be playing Mass Effect for the next couple nights before making my way back to the poker tables. I'm really hoping to find that sweet spot of perfect balance between poker and video games. I believe both hobbies are tremendously fun and rewarding and I'd hate to have to give up on either one of them.

0 comments: