If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gaming Update

I won't have any time today to continue with my Just Cause achievement "guide". Look for more of that tomorrow. Instead, I just wanted to give a quick update of my current gaming situation.

First and foremost, I finally received my Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter in the mail on Monday evening. I now have persistent and reliable internet access to my Stuntman: Ignition. All my achievements will be posted online in real time no matter where I've set-up my Xbox 360 in the house. It's such a great feeling. My wife asked me why this matters so much to me. I don't know why. I guess I just feel that having achievements without a timestamp just doesn't seem quite as legit to me. I work hard for my meager gamerscore and I want everyone to know it!

On the game front, I've been playing a lot of Just Cause with a little Stuntman: Ignition thrown in for good measure. I know that I said I'd be playing Gears of War but it hasn't happened yet. I've been holding off while trying to finish up Just Cause.

Speaking of Just Cause, I've only got three more achievements left to clear: Freedom Fighter, Protector of the People, and Savior of San Esperito. These achievements are all awarded for liberating provinces in San Esperito via the Guerilla liberation missions. I'd like to say that I'll have these achievements finished up by the weekend but I can't say for certain. There are a lot of towns, military bases, cities, and airports that need liberating. And in the case of the military bases and cities, the liberation missions can be frustratingly difficult.

But I'm gunning for the full 1000 gamerpoints in Just Cause! Once that's done, I think I may play a little Portal and go for the Camery Shy achievement. And I'll probably thrown in a little Stuntman: Ignition as well. Stuntman's a tough game and annoyingly difficult when trying to earn more than a single star for a movie scene - but it's still a good way to pass the time until next Tuesday.

What happens next Tuesday? Grand Theft Auto IV! Can't wait!

Have a good one!

0 comments: