If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, April 11, 2008

King of the Jungle


I set out to beat King Kong last night and everything went according to plan. I knew I was close to the end of the game. In fact, it took me just over one hour to finally finish up. I enjoyed the game far more than I thought I would! I liked the story, I liked the gameplay, and I liked the 1000 gamerpoints added to my gamerscore!

All told, King Kong took me about 15 hours to beat. It's a shame that so many players will only look to King Kong for easy achievement points. Of course, I would not have picked up the game had I not known that 1000 GamerPoint would soon be mine. But the game itself was quite fun. Some of the sequences in King Kong are extremely intense and nerve-wracking. I'd equate much of King Kong's gameplay to Gordon Freeman's initial escape from The Combine in Half-Life 2: tense, panicked, hurried, yet deliberate.

Every situation that arises in King Kong can be beaten if you can manage to get your nerves in check and quickly assess the situation. I really think Ubisoft and Wingnut did a great job of delivering a game that keeps you on the edge of your seat. I know it sounds silly to be saying such nice things about an old launch title; however, I believe that King Kong deserves the praise. Given it's current retail price, I think any Xbox 360 gamer out there should give the game a quick run-through.

With King Kong finished, I can now turn my attention back to Just Cause. I'd like to unlock all of the game's achievements before picking up GTA IV on April 29th. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull off the feat but I'm going to give it the old college try. I give myself a 50/50 chance of getting it done, assuming that I don't rekindle my love affair with poker along the way. Based on how I feel at the moment, I think Just Cause will beat out Poker Stars over the next couple weeks.

Sit back, relax, load up your favourite game, and have a great weekend!

0 comments: