If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stunts, Cowboys, and Guerillas

I got a chance to try out both Stuntman: Ignition and Call of Juarez yesterday. I also played a little Just Cause. More after the jump...

First off, let's take a quick look at Just Cause. I've actually completed a large portion the game. Only 18 out of 50 achievements remain to be unlocked. I've completed 15 story missions and a large number of side quests. The only tasks remaining to be checked off my list include liberating provinces, taking over a number of drug cartel mansions, and completing 9 in-game races. I'm hoping to have all the achievements finished by late next week.

For what it's worth, Just Cause is a much better game than I thought it would be when I bought it cheap off of eBay. If you haven't played Just Cause, you can pick up a dirt-cheap copy from Amazon by clicking on the image below.



--

Stuntman: Ignition is fun. And addictive. Imagine driving a car through a number of explosive movie scenes. Not only must you keep your eyes on the road: you need to be prepared to pull off stunt after stunt and hit all of the director's stunt markers. Thankfully, Ignition has made it easy to advance from scene to scene in a movie by introducing an "Easy Mode" setting.

I can't say more about the game right now. I've only played for a half-hour. But I'm really looking forward to getting through all available scenese and movies. Once that's done, I'm going to go back and try to pick up my five-star ratings for each scene. It'll be tough but I'll keep at it until I get it...or get too frustrated and sell the game.

All in all, Stuntman: Ignition seems like a very promising game!

--

I played through a small portion of Call of Juarez's first level. I can't say much about the game right now. After twenty minutes of game-play, I'd have to say that the graphics seem pretty standard for a multi-platform release. Sound is pretty good too. But I have a funny feeling that the game-play is going to bug me quite a bit - especially the platforming. I've already died once in the game. Ten seconds into the game, protagonist Billy died while attempting to climb down a mountain and head into town. A little embarrassing but quite understandable given the lack of instruction from the game itself. Click the LS to slow down? That's the "crouch" command! And it did nothing to prevent Billy from cracking his head open!

On a positive note, I cleared a 10 GamerPoint achievement pretty easily. Achievement points make everything better, don't they?

--

Once my Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter arrives in the mail, I may fire up a little Gears of War to play alongside Just Cause. I've got a hankering for the game. I'm going to put up another quick post today or tomorrow that outlines some tips and tricks to beating some of the harder parts of the G.O.W. single player campaign. Seeing as how I'll be tackling the Hard difficulty all by my lonesome, I wanted some advice on how to get by some of the tougher parts of the game.

Have a good one!

0 comments: