If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Where's my timestamp?


I've said it before and I'll say it again: why isn't there a timestamp saved with an achievement when you unlock it? I really, really hate the fact that all my offline achievements do not have dates and times associated with them! I like knowing how long it took me to clear certain achievements. I also like to pinpoint the dates and times that proved beneficial to my gamerscore.

I played a couple hours of Just Cause this weekend. I managed to clear a number of achievements. And I finished off four or five story missions as well. Of course, all the achievements that I posted online (after connecting my 360 to my laptop) show as being "Acquired" without any mention of the date or time cleared. Hopefully my wireless internet adapter will arrive in the next couple days and I'll never have to settle for "Acquired" ever again!

I know I keep talking about a Just Cause achievement post. I may end up just waiting until I've finished the game. I'm aiming for the full 1000 GamerPoint with the game. I'm having a ton of fun with the game and really enjoying it. Sure, some of the side missions are tedious and boring. But sometimes I feel like just grinding for a bit, y'know?

In other news, I received my brand new copy of Eternal Sonata in the mail on Friday night. The game looks very good! And it plays quite well too! The only small concern that I have right now is with the overall "girliness" of the game. The first level of the game, which I last played on Saturday night, saw me controlling a little girl fighting off onions with her umbrella. Still, I'm going to give this game a chance. I love RPGs and I've heard nothing but good things about Eternal Sonata. In fact, I may even play the game a second time in Encore Mode (i.e. second play-through) if I enjoy the game and feel the need to collect all the achievement points.

I'm going to see if I can finish up Just Cause this week before spending some more time with Eternal Sonata. I may not be able to finish both games by the time GTA IV comes out but I'm not going to worry too much about that. Maybe I'll fire up The Orange Box as a little couter-balance to Eternal Sonata's sweet and colourful themes.

Or maybe this will be the week that finally sees me winning a copy of Overlord or The Simpsons off of eBay.

So many games, so little time...

0 comments: