If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Long Time No See!

I'm back after nearly a week away from the site. Although I've still got a little more to say about Just Cause, let me instead re-cap what I've been playing and buying recently.

First, let's talk about the new games that I've purchased recently.

I picked up a used copy of The Simpsons Game about a week ago. Graphics are sub-standard (save for the animated cutscenes) and gameplay is very average. But the game is still great fun if you're a fan of The Simpsons. The game is one of the funniest games that I've played since the Monkey Island series. It's a nice change of pace from the usual violence and sex-driven fare usually offered by the game industry.

Speaking of violence, I also picked up a copy of Condemned 2: Bloodshot off of eBay. I am really looking forward to playing it when it arrives later this week. The first Condemned game scared the living sh*t out of me. I have no doubts that Bloodshot will be terrifying as well. I plan on spending quite a bit of time with this game once it arrives.

Lastly, I finally got my hands on a copy of Overlord (eBay). Unfortunately, I've heard nothing from the seller since accidentally paying for the item twice. My only consolation right now is that the seller has a good feedback rating. I'm hoping that things will sort themselves out this week. I played a demo for Overlord a while back and have been waiting to play the full game ever since.

Right now, I'm playing a lot of Call of Duty 4 and The Simpsons Game. CoD 4 is pretty intense. I find that I can only play a mission or two before firing up a different game. But I'm aiming to have CoD 4 finished by the end of the week. I need to make room in my playing schedule for Condemned 2!

I also played quite a bit of Bully. The game's good but I'm not sure how much of it I'll play given the new games en route to my place. We'll see.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I'll be back later this week to finish off my Just Cause Achievement Guide. And if Condemned 2 makes it to my place before Friday, I'll give my first impressions of the game.

0 comments: