If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sad News

I will be unable to post at either Klopzi's Mediocre Poker or The Greedy Gamer until next week. I lost a good friend to cancer this week. She put a good fight. She defied the odds every step of the way. And I will miss her dearly...

When my friend was diagnosed with liver cancer, they gave her three months to live. Thanks to advances in cancer research and treatment, she gained an additional four quality years of life to spend with her young daughters. She watched them grow, learn, and become the tremendous little girls they are today

I urge everyone out there to please donate to the Canadian Cancer Society or the American Cancer Society. For you poker poker players out there, I urge you to donate a single buy-in to your game of choice. And for you gamers out there, do you need to buy another game in the next few months now that you're playing GTA IV?

Please feel free to leave a comment after you make a donation. I'd like to show the list to my friend's family later this week.

Thank you in advance for your generosity. We may not see the end of cancer in our lifetimes.

But we're getting there.

2 comments:

kurokitty said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It's our loss, too, because this is a great blog...

Klopzi said...

Thanks kurokitty.

She was a great friend. But I'll be back and in full swing come next week.