If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Simpsons Game's Time Challenges

I was all set to play Condemned 2: Bloodshot last night. And then I totally chickened out. Is it normal for a grown man to be afraid of a video game? Probably not. I'll give it another shot tonight. I'll even have a shot or two before playing if I feel the need for a little liquid courage. Trust me: Condemned 2 is really that scary.

Instead of some Condemned 2 updates, I thought I'd take a little look at some of the trickier Time Challenges in The Simpsons Game. And since I don't feel much like writing, we'll be watching movies today.

This first Time Challenge, "Sim Sandwich", is available for play after completing the "Bargain Bin" episode. The tricky part about this mission is that both Homer and Bart must be alive at the end of the mission. I made the mistake of forging ahead to the end with Bart and leaving Homer to fend for himself. I believe this Time Challenge took me around 9 tries before I finally finished it!




"Nice Cans!" is the Time Challenge for the "Day of the Dolphin" episode. Nothing too tricky about this one, though you need to know where to find all the hidden cans. Took me a few tries to get this one.



The Time Challenge for the "Shadow of the Colossal Donut" episode, "Clown Around", is another find-the-flag challenge. It's not hard to finish although you'll need to know where to find all the Krusty dolls so that you can plan out your route.



The latest Time Challenge causing me a grief is the "Maki Roll Mania" Time Challenge for the "Big Super Happy Fun Fun Game" episode. I've tried this challenge about eight times and have still had no success. However, after having seen the video below, I should be able to finish this challenge sometime this evening.



Just wanted to thank the fine folks at 360VideoGuides.com for putting up these fine videos. You can also find a link to their site in the Gaming News and Reviews section of The Greedy Gamer.

I'll be back tomorrow with some more achievement-related discussions of Condemned 2. Have a good one!

0 comments: