If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend Gaming: Donuts, Bloodshot, and Bully

I had a pretty good weekend on the gaming front. Finished up one game and re-acquainted myself with a game I'd sidelined a month ago.

I finally finished off The Simpsons Game on Friday night. Actually, I finished the main storyline. I'm still looking to find all 300 hidden packages scattered about Springfield. There are also a couple difficult tasks that I'd like to finish off as well.

First, I need to beat the "Back to the Futurama" Time Challenge for the "Five Characters in Search of an Author" episode. The challenge involves killing 30 enemies in three minutes. Doesn't sound too hard, right? Wrong! It's damned near-impossible to beat the thing. I've given it six shots so far and I'm sure I'll give the challenge another ten or twenty goes until I clear the thing. I've put up a video below (courtesy of 360VideoGuides.com) that shows how to beat the Challenge. Unfortunately, I still can't seem to get it! Bart keeps dying and it's pretty annoying!




The second problem that I'm having is clearing the Heavenly Score achievement. SPOILER WARNING! When you reach the end of The Simspons Game, the entire Simpson family faces off against God in a "Dance Dance Revolution"-type game. In order to clear the achievement, I need to get a perfect score. I had a hell of a time beating this game in the first place. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the Perfect score or not. I guess I'll just have to keep trying until I get it.

All told, I enjoyed The Simpsons Game. Although the gameplay is nothing new, the game is absolutely hilarious. Although not quite as funny as the Monkey Island series of game, The Simpsons Game is still right up there as one of the funniest game's of all time thanks to it's excellent and hilarious cutscenes.

--

I was Bloodshot-free over the weekend. Guess I wasn't in the mood to kill thugs and search grotesque crime scenes. I'm sure I'll be back later this week...

--

I played a lot of Bully: Scholarship Edition yesterday. I put the game aside a while back after getting my hands on Call of Duty 4. But I'm right back into Bully again. I've really enjoyed this game so far. Mind you, much of what I like about the game has nothing to do with the game content itself. I like sandbox games. I like performing mindless and menial task in the hunt for 100% completion. So far, I've cleared 17 of 38 achievements. Unsurprisingly, only one of the achievements that I've cleared is related to the story mode. I've basically spent the bulk of my time picking flowers, kissing girls (and boys), attending class, egging cars, popping wheelies, and buying cans of soda in bulk from the local grocery store.

I'll most likely spend most of my playing time with Bully this week. I borrowed it from a friend and I don't want to hang onto it longer than necessary. At the rate I'm going, I should be finished in the next week or two.

--

I'll be back tomorrow to start discussing the Bully: Scholarship Edition achievements that I've cleared.

Have a good one!

0 comments: