If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Combat in Eternal Sonata: A Brief Look

I didn't sit down to play Eternal Sonata until 11:30 last night. But I did manage to squeeze in a good half-hour before my body told me that sleep was more important than facing off against another trio of evil onions. I can't really make an update on what happened in game except to say that both Chopin and Polka died...

Okay - maybe died is a strong word. However, they were both cut down and left for dead by some guy wearing a monocle. Unlike Mr. Peanut, this guy carried a sword instead of a cane. And he also seemed pretty upset as he attacked Chopin and Polka. And he left without leaving behind any salty snacks for anyone to enjoy. I'd have rather faced off against Mr. Peanut...

With both Chopin and Polka out of commission, I've re-taken control of Allegretto and Beat. I'm sure they'll stumble across Chopin and Polka at some point in the near future. They're headed into the same forest that proved "fatal" for Chopin and Polka so I've no doubt they'll all meet up and share some awkward, J-RPG conversation. Until then, I have a number of onions, mice, and freaky flamingo/peacocks to fight off.

Before taking off the weekend, I thought I'd put up a video demonstrating Eternal Sonata's combat. The video is short and seems to jump all over the place; however, it should give you a good idea of the frantic strategy required to dominate your enemies in the game.



You'll have to trust me when I say that the fighting in Eternal Sonata is quite fun. The semi-realtime aspect of the fights keeps you on your toes. However, tactical time and turn-based combat allows you to plan your attack and follow through if you've got the proper skills and hand-eye coordination. I really like it and there's nothing else I can add to that at this point in time.

Well, that's it for me! I'll be spending my Father's Day weekend with my wife, kids, and Eternal Sonata. Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: