If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Errand Glitch (Bully: Scholarship Edition)

I've played a number of games containing bugs and glitches. Unfortunately, Bully: Scholarship Edition is no different. In Bully's case, however, the Errand glitch can effectively prevent users from attaining the magical 100% completion mark.

Should you be worried?

There's nothing worse than putting 20+ hours into a game only to find out that 100% completion is forever out of reach. In fact, I was afraid of this very case in my current play-through of Bully: Scholarship Edition. I'm currently finishing up Chapter 3. I have also completed almost every single extra piece of filler required to pick up the Perfectionist achievement (awarded for 100% completion). My only concern dealt with the requirement to complete 40 errands.

Errands are time- and location- specific side-missions given out by various NPCs in the game. There are three achievements available for completing 10, 20, and 30 errands. For the Perfectionist achievement, Jimmy must complete 40 errands. The only problem is that the number of errands being offered to Jimmy in my current game seem to have dropped off to zero. Does this mean that I'll need to restart the game in order to get 100% completion?

Of course not! According to the forums over at Xbox360Achievements.org, it appears that there is a simple way to have errands re-appear in the game. What's the trick? Find a save point near a location where errands are typically offered (see the list here). Save your current game and then reload your game. Now wander about and see if any errands are being offered. If not, simply continue reloading until errands finally become available.

I've also heard that saving/reloading a game in an area outside of an area full of unfinished errands is the way to go. For example, if you want to tackle the errands in Bullworth town and none are showing up, save and reload your game at Bullworth Academy. After the reload is complete, make your way into town and there should (hopefully) be some errands available.

I'll have to admit that I very rarely reload my saved games. I've noticed that there are times when I'll start playing and get offered an errand right away. But this is not something that I've seen with absolute certainty. Judging from the comments in the forums, I'd say that the "load game" strategy above appears to be working for most users.

I can tell you that I'll be giving this "fix" a try this evening. [UPDATE: The fix appears to work; however, it can be pretty touch n' go. But a little patience should get the job done.]

Here's a list of what I've got left to accomplish in my quest for 100% completion:


  • Finish Story Missions (27 missions left)
  • Complete 14 errands
  • Finish up the Yearbook photos
  • Complete Photography 5 class
  • Win final bicycle race
  • Win final go-kart race
  • Travel another 10 KM on a skateboard
  • Travel another 25 KM on a bike
  • Purchase all souvenir items at carnival
  • Find 13 rubber bands
  • Find 7 G&G cards
  • Smash 11 Garden Gnomes
  • Knock out 53 more opponents
  • Find/Purchase another 104 pieces of clothing.
  • Complete 3 lawn mowing jobs
  • Smash the gravestones remaining after the Halloween mission from Chapter 1 (they are tucked away in a warehouse)
I've still got a little ways to go but I should be done fairly soon. I expect to be finished Bully: Scholarship Edition in the next week or so.

I'll be back tomorrow or the day after with Part 4 of my Bully achievement guide. In the meantime, feel free to check out Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 of the guide.

4 comments:

Marco said...

I stiill need 12 clothing items.....ive sold out every store in the towns the carnival and hidden clothing in missions...i still cant find any more.....i neeed help.....i also need the perfectionist award.....i already did more than 40 errands....im at 98.06%

Anonymous said...

have you purchased all the items from the school store?

Anonymous said...

I have 100 percent it says, but it wont give me the achievement, i did 33 errands all pics, and all races and go karts and got every other achievement..... idk whaT to do it says i have 100!

Anonymous said...

Had the same issue with the 100 percent and no achievement, save your game and switch of. Reload and achievment will e there, also have you purchased the clothing in the barbers on the right hand side of the map new coventry I think peace