If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Prince of Persia Looks Awesome!

I remember playing the original Prince of Persia a long, long time ago. It was one of those PC games that all the cool kids owned. It was tough but it was so much fun. I tried to beat the game for a long while before finally giving up and moving on.

Four years ago, I found myself a used copy of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Although I'd played the original Prince of Persia, I'd never even heard of Ubisoft's newest iteration in the series. I didn't follow every bit of industry news as much back then as I do now.

When I got home and sat down for my first Prince of Persia session on my Xbox, I was blown away! What an incredible game! Graphics, sound, and gameplay all came together to make what I consider to be one of the best games ever made. I finished the game in two days and became a huge Ubisoft fan in the process.

A few months later, a friend lent me his copy of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. I was really excited to play the sequel. Unfortunately, PoP: Warrior Within was shit. Rock music? Angry Prince? Half-naked sword chicks? Give me a break! I tossed the game aside after a few hours of trying my best to love the game.

Warrior Within was so disappointing that I completely avoided the Prince's next title, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. I'd lost faith in the Prince and Ubisoft.

Fast forward to today. Ubisoft is back in my good graces after putting out the spectacularly awesome Assassin's Creed.

More importantly, the upcoming next-gen Prince of Persia title looks to be positively stunning. Don't believe me? Watch this!



I've got my $59.99 ready for this game when it hits store shelves sometime in the near future.

0 comments: