If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

How To Make a Scary Game

Unlike many other gamers, I'm a real lightweight when it comes to scary games. Survival horror, first person shooters, and any other games with creepy music and/or creepy enemies scare the bejeezus out of me. This coming October, EA is taking on horror in a big way with Dead Space. In the game, players will take on the role of an Isaac Clarke, an engineer battling a polymorphic alien species called the 'Necromorphs' on board a stricken interstellar mining ship - the USG Ishimura.

What makes Dead Space different from the rest of the horror games out there? I think the difference is in the love and care that EA's Redwood Shores is putting into the game. You'll find four clips after the jump. The first is an interview with developers of Dead Space where they discuss what makes a game scary. The other three videos? Gruesome, spooky, and horrifying trailers for Dead Space.













I'm not sure if I'll be playing Dead Space or not. Wait, who am I kidding? Of course I'll play it! I'll just have to learn to play with one hand covering my eyes...

0 comments: