If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Beat Half-Life 2

I've been playing a little more poker over the past few days. I've got two kids who'll need to go to university one day and I think poker's the only way I'll be able to afford their tuition. Regardless, I did still manage to play quite a bit of Half-Life 2 over the weekend. In a nutshell, I'd have to say that Half-Life 2 really, really lived up to the hype!

From start to finish, Half-Life 2 was intense. Every single moment of the game keeps you on the edge of your seat. If you're not being attacked, you know that disaster awaits just around the next bend.

I'm not too sure if I understand HL2's story all that well but it doesn't really matter that much to me. Aliens or something took over the Earth, Gordon Freeman leads the troops in a fight to reclaim the planet, and stuff happens. I won't give away the ending, not that you'd really understand it had you not played the game.

I'm currently halfway through HL2: Episode 1. Like it's predecessor, Episode 1 is scary and intense as a bastard. Antlions, zombies, dark underground parking lots, and a whole lot of jump-scares.

I'm going to try and finish Episode 1 this week but it all depends on how well things work out at the poker tables. When I'm playing winning poker, I play poker. But if I start losing, it's good to know that video games are there to love and not judge.

0 comments: