If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Red Ring?

I haven't been spending much time with my Xbox 360 over the past week or so. I'm flipping between video games and poker on bi-weekly basis, it seems. In any case, it looks like my Xbox 360 may have taken offense with my new "que sera sera" attitude and is threatening me with a possible Red Ring O' Death scenario.

When I have a chance this evening, I'm going to unplug all of my Xbox 360's cables, plugs, and hard drive. I'll grab some compressed air in a can and clear out all vents and plugs. I'll then fire up the Xbox 360 to make sure it works before plugging everything back in.

In all honesty, even if my 360 red rings itself, I can't complain. I've had my 360 since 2006 and haven't had any issues with it. I think the 360 is a great console and I'm looking forward to spending a many more years with it. And if it does crap out, no worries: I've got poker and the ever-looming possibility of a PS3 impulse purchase to keep me busy!

By the way, I'm almost finished Half-Life 2: Episode 1. From there, it'll be on to Episode 2. After that, who knows? Although I'd considered playing Too Human, the demo did not impress me and reviewers seem pretty divided on the game itself.

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Alicexia said...

Heard the Red Ring comes from the XBox over heating and a small chip inside fries. But it's just a rumor. If you got the cash I would suggest getting a PS3 but then again I'm a Sony Whore.

Klopzi said...

alicexia -

I've heard the same thing: 360 overheats, solder melts, and the 360's graphics processor breaks free of the motherboard (or something along those lines).

I think (and hope) that my problem is simply a hard drive/av plug problem. I'm not sure if I had the RROD or just some other random red ring error.

I'm going to clean my 360 out and give it a try.

As for the PS3, I'm getting one. I'm just not sure when...