If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

I want to play...

I said I wouldn't post until my (new) Xbox 360 arrives back from Microsoft's nearest manufacturing depot. Then again, I say lots of stuff. With the Holiday season fast approaching, I'm getting all set for the marketing hype necessary for some big retail sales. My "video game buying account" is all topped up so sky's the limit for me when it comes to picking up games. I guess I should save a little money for my wife and the kids though..

Here's a brief overview of some of the games I planning on buying/playing in the coming months:


  • F.E.A.R.: I've been waiting to pick up a copy of this shooter since I first played the demo a year ago. It's by the same development team that made Condemned and that's good enough for me. Over the weekend, I won myself a copy of F.E.A.R. off of eBay. My video game collection is really growing...

  • Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise: If I can get my hands on a copy of this game for $29.99 or less, I'll get it. I hear it's quite similar to the original Viva Pinata. Trust me, that's a good thing. With so many games centered on violence and sexuality, it's nice to have an addictive game that's relaxing to play and completely non-controversial.

  • Braid: Xbox Live Arcade games that let me manipulate time are fun. I played the demo and loved it. I'm buying this game ASAP.

  • Puzzle Quest: I bought the PC version of this game for my nephew and he thought it was great. I think the game looks like tons of fun myself. Long story short: I'm buying it.

  • Poker Smash: I loved the demo for this game when I played it back in January/February. I'll be picking this up soon.

  • Mass Effect: I'd really like to play through Mass Effect again as a good guy. I may even pick up the 300 MS point Bring Down the Sky expansion mission.

  • Fallout 3: This game is going to be awesome. I don't think I need to say more.

  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: I played the demo and I thought the game seemed pretty good. I don't think it will be as good as the Jedi Knight series but that's ok. Any game that lets me fling stormtroopers around and chop AT-STs in two with a lightsaber is a great game.
I still have a lot of games in my current game library that I'd like to get through. I'd like to play and finish some of my top priority games such as Star Wars, Half-Life 2, and Condemned 2 before the Christmas holidays. I'll also thrown in some Braid and other XBLA titles. And I may try to tackle Lost Odyssey over the holidays if I've managed to rein in my poker hobby by then.

There are a ton of other games that I'd like to play as well. I have a feeling I'll be playing Xbox 360 games five or ten years from now at the pace I'm going...

0 comments: