If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Over to the Dark Side

At around 10:00 PM last night, I turned on my new Xbox 360. I transferred some content licenses, grabbed a beer, and then fired up Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

My first hour and a half of gaming was a blur of wookies, lightsabers, blaster fire, and the flailing limbs of my helpless victims. Force Unleashed is pretty awesome! I have to say that playing as Darth Vader in the game's prologue is worth paying full price for the game. Vader is, simply put, evil, super-powerful, and quite awesome!

I've avoided looking at any of the game's secret achievements in an attempt to avoid spoilers. I picked up a funny little secret achievement in the first fifteen minutes of the game last night. The achievement is called Worst Day-Shift Manager Ever. I was awarded this achievement after having Darth Vader kill twelve stormtroopers in the game's prologue chapter. This achievement is a reference to a series of Internet videos about Chad Vader, the younger brother of Darth Vader, who works as a day-shift manager at a supermarket named Empire Market. The actor voicing Chad Vader in these videos, Matt Sloan, is also the voice of Darth Vader in The Force Unleashed. I've embedded one of the Chad Vader videos below.




I'm out of time for now. But I wanted to mention that I also picked up a copy of Dark Sector last night. This game has been surprisingly good so far. I've only played the prologue but it seems to be a solid, fun, gruesome, and intense story of a man and a viral infection that gives him the ability to kill lots of people with a Krull-style glaive.

I'm going to be playing a ton of video games this weekend given the chance. I'll be playing a lot of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and perhaps some Dark Sector too.

Have a good weekend!

0 comments: