If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Window Shopping


Looking at my repair status on the Xbox.com support site, I'm a little disheartened to see that Microsoft has not yet "officially" received my broken console. According to UPS, Microsoft has had my 360 since last Monday. I might have to call support today and find out what's going on. If this is a normal delay in updating the web site, that's fine - as long as the round-trip time of 2-3 weeks is unaffected. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed hits store shelves tomorrow and I'm being forced to wait...

In the meantime, I've come up with another few games that I'd really like to buy/play. And since I feel like watching some videos, I'll embed the trailers for these games below.

First off, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution! I loved the original Civ. I never played the game's sequels because I either lacked the PC-processing horsepower or I was too busy playing other games (like Diablo II and The Sims). Sid Meier's latest console version of his classic game series received some great reviews. I tried the demo and I really loved the graphics and feel of the game. I'm looking forward to testing my strategic chops in the coming months.




A friend of mine, Asdjazz, just told me that he'll be able to lend me a couple of his games to play in the next few months. The first of these titles is Halo 3. I'm not interested in the multiplayer aspects of the game; however, I'm just interested to see the story and play the game that everyone's been talking about since last Fall.



The second game that Asdjazz should be able to lend me (probably sometime in the New Year) is Burnout Paradise. I love the Burnout games though I typically lose interest in the game after my first 20 or 30 hours of gameplay. Asdjazz and many professional reviewers have told me nothing but good things about the game. I'm interested in seeing how the game plays out.



Man - all these games look great! I really, really can't wait to get my game on. It's times like these that I wish that Microsoft didn't have the extended warranty. I'd have already gone out and bought myself an Xbox 360 Arcade version (I already have a hard drive) to replace my busted console.

No point wishing for something that ain't gonna happen. Microsoft - I'd really, really love to have my Xbox 360 back by a week Friday. Please don't screw me over...

1 comments:

Franklin said...

Hey Klopzi, that's a shame your 360 died. With Star Wars coming out tomorrow, I can imagine it especially sucks.

A month ago I mentioned a Stacker 2 contest going on where you could win the system of your choice. So if you want to try your shot at winning a 360 (or PS3 for that matter), you might want to consider entering. There are less than 310 entrants as of now, and there are weekly prizes to win like 6 Hour Power energy shots and the upcoming Codemasters game Rise of the Argonauts. For contest details, go here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog again. I figure you might want to give it a shot. If you enter, let me know and I'd be happy to vote for your design. I work with 6HP so feel free to ask any questions you might have about the contest or the 6HP drink itself.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com