If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

First Impressions: The Godfather

I started playing The Godfather last night. So far so good. What surprises me is how little I heard about this game when it hit stores two years ago. Did you know that EA developed and produced the game? Did you know that the voice-acting is top-notch? Did you know that The Godfather is jam-packed with cool action, swearing, and tons of violence? Yea, me neither! I've only played the game for about a half-hour but colour me surprised: it's actually good!

When I picked up this game for cheap off eBay, I didn't realize that The Godfather was actually well-received by reviewers. Both Metacritic and
GameRankings show the game with a metascore of 77 which is pretty damned good!

Although the game does show its age from time to time, I'm pretty impressed so far. I'm looking forward to working my way up through the Corleone family by completing a variety of missions and side-missions.

In case you're interested in trying The Godfather for yourself, I've included a trailer for the game and a video review (of the original Xbox version) below.






One thing I will mention is that the environments are a little more lively in the Xbox 360 version and the textures and graphics are improved. Other than that, all the violence, execution methods, and fun are unchanged from previous versions.

Have a good one!

0 comments: