If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Growing Game Library

A few weeks ago, I remember promising myself that I wouldn't buy any new games until I'd managed to finish some of the games that I already own. I have a huge library of games just waiting to be played: I just need a little time to get through everything. Oh well - you know what they say about the best laid plans, right? Thanks to a friend and a recent eBay win, seventeen (17) new games have been added to my video game library.

Are you interested in knowing which games are currently in my possession? Check out my full list after the jump.

I'm going to break up my list of games into a few different categories.

  • Must Play: These are the games that I need to play before I go out and buy myself any new blockbuster titles. Fallout 3, Dead Space, and Gears of War 2 will have to wait their turn...
  • Should Play: These are games that I want to play but aren't quite as good as the Must Play games. Many of these games are either older titles or mediocre titles that hold some form of appeal for me. Generally, my Should Play games should find their way into active rotation over the next 12 months.
  • Will Play: Have you ever bought a game because it was cheap? I have a number of these types of games. They cost me very little to pick up but have very few qualities that make me want to jump right in and play. In addition to a cheap sticker price, these games typically have very little re-sale value which means that there is no reason for me to rush into playing them. Some of my Should Play games have found their way into the Will Play category due to simple neglect. But In some ways, the Will Play games are my favourite: no pressure to play the games and no time constraints on when I need to finish.
  • For Sale: Sometimes I'll buy batches of games from Blockbuster, eBay, or some other reseller for a great price intending to sell those games for profit. This is a rare situation for me but it happens. Buying games for the sole purpose of re-selling can be a risky proposition: after all, I'm a game player and not a game retailer. Mind you, most games appearing on this list are games that I've already finished or played in the past.
With the categories out of the way, let's take a look at what I've got:

Must Play Games








Should Play Games













Will Play Games




















For Sale









Of course, there are numerous games that I'd like to buy in the coming months. And I have a couple friends who both own games that I'd like to borrow. I think it's fair to say that my plate is quite full at the moment.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

Jordan Aldis said...

ive got more games then that and ive completed all of them.

Klopzi said...

Jordan -

Very impressive; however, the real question then becomes: how many kids do you have? ;)

Thanks for stopping by!