If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Weekend in Paradise

I've been playing more video games over the past week. I've been a little too busy to post and I apologize for the lack of updates. With the weekend approaching, I figured I'd fill everyone in on what I've been playing.

I'm very close to finishing off Half-Life 2: Episode 2. I've really enjoyed the Half-Life 2 "experience" but I'll admit that I'll be quite happy when I'm done. I feel like I've been playing these games for a very, very long time.

These games have all been incredibly tense and fairly challenging. There are many times that I've found myself dreading what lies around the next corner as Gordon Freeman finds himself alone in the dark...again. If Half-Life 2 and its episodes had been created using a modern graphics engine, I don't think I'd have been able to make it through the game for fear of having a heart attack. It goes to show you that fancy graphics are not the end-all and be-all of great game design.

Here's a little trailer for Half-Life 2: Episode 2, just in case you're curious...






A friend of mine, Asdjazz, lent me his copy of Burnout Paradise. I think this game is my next big thing. Forget Condemned 2 and its filthy bunch of deranged hobos: I'm going to be a race car driver!

Seriously though, Paradise City is a wonderful game environment. It's large and detailed with countless streets, intersections, and hidden secrets to keep even hardcore gamers busy for a long, long while. If it weren't for the fact that I need to put in some time with poker this weekend, I'd be playing this game every spare moment. It's just that good.

Here are a few videos for you to watch: first a trailer and then a couple video reviews .






Like what you see? Pick up your very own copy for the Xbox 360 here or the Playstation 3 here.



XBLA's Puzzle Quest has been keeping me busy as well. It's funny to think that such a simple little game could be so damned addictive. I don't know how many times I've started playing only to lose track of time. The other night, my eyes were really sore so I stopped playing to use some eye drops. I then realized that it was 1:30 in the morning and I'd be playing for three hours!



Are you looking for a cheap copy of Mass Effect? I've decided to sell my copy of Mass Effect on eBay. Currently, you can pick it up for $14.99 with free shipping within Canada. But I'm hoping there'll be a bidding war starting up soon. The auction ends on Monday, October 6th.

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: