If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Out in the Wasteland

Just a quick update since I've been MIA since the end of October. I've been playing a lot of poker with some Fallout 3 thrown in for good measure. I'm actually starting to get back into video games a little more thanks to Bethesda's excellent game.

I've spent about 20 hours roaming the Wasteland in Fallout 3 and have barely scratched the surface of all there is to see and do. I'll likely put in some extra time with the game this week. I've been avoiding Fallout 3's main storyline but I may start heading down that path to see what sort of goodies and extras will come my way. It's sometimes hard to play these epic-scale RPGs without the motivation of the game's story driving you along (i.e. "can't see the forest for the trees" syndrome).

That's not to say that the Fallout 3's side missions are boring. Far from it! Each of the missions I've undertaken so far have been extremely well-constructed and interesting pieces of RPG-fare. Super mutants, robots, ghouls, and pest control have all contributed to make every minute of Fallout 3 a joy to play.

That's all for today. I've got some gaming to do...

0 comments: