If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

What's Up?

Here we are just one week away from Christmas. And yet, instead of thinking about the holidays and the time I'll have to spend with my family and with my Xbox 360, I'm forced to think about work, year-end reports, and the like. I've been playing quite a bit over the past few weeks: I just haven't had time to write.

Since last Friday, I was able to "finish off" Too Human and started playing Fallout 3 again.

Too Human is a game that I'll be playing off and on over the next few months. I've got my level 50 Cybernetic Commando. I'm currently looking to find some cool Elite weapons and armour and pick up a few pesky achievements. I'll detail Too Human's achievements in more detail when life calms down a bit (i.e. in the New Year).

Fallout 3 is coming along nicely. I'm currently finishing off some of the game's various side-quests and picking up a few achievements along the way. I'm still planning on playing the game through a second time, from start to finish, as a stealth-type player. I'm going to wait for all the DLC to be released prior to giving that a shot though.

I also bought a code to unlock the full version of Braid. I've been wanting to give Braid a try ever since playing the demo. I just redeemed the code at Xbox.com and Braid is queued up for download. I can't wait to play the game for real!

Finally, I also downloaded and played the full arcade version of Dash of Destruction. It's currently a free XBLA download. And you know what? It's funny! The gameplay is nothing to write home about but that's not really the point of the game. You can play the game as either a T-Rex looking to destroy some Doritos delivery trucks or as a Doritos delivery truck trying to avoid getting eaten by a T-Rex. Dash of Destruction is nothing but a thinly veiled advertisement for Doritos. But given that the game is pretty fun and the writing hilarious, who cares if it's an ad or not? Download the game, boost your gamerscore, and then go out and buy yourself a bag of delicious, Doritosaurus-approved Doritos!

That's it for today! Have a good one!

0 comments: