If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Preview: Far Cry 2

I mentioned yesterday that I'll be getting my hands on a copy of Far Cry 2. I'm hoping to give it a try either tonight or tomorrow night. I actually know very little about Far Cry 2 except that it is graphically gorgeous and pretty fun as far as sandbox games go. Having passed on both Grand Theft Auto IV and Saints Row 2 in 2008, I've definitely been jonesing for a sandbox title that will let me go around blowing things up!

For my own personal benefit, I'm including some key video reviews of Far Cry 2 as well as any nifty trailers that I can find. I'll let you know how excited I am to play the game after I've had a chance to watch the videos below.

Before we get started, here's a quick rundown of Far Cry 2's review scores:


And now, let's take a look at some of Far Cry 2's promtional media:






Fantastic! Ubisoft knows how to make a good trailer! But it's all for naught if the video reviews paint a different picture of Far Cry 2. Let's see what been said about Far Cry 2!

X-Play:



GameTrailers:



GameSpot:



The Escapist (Yahtzee):



I have to say that the trailers and reviews have me convinced: Far Cry 2 looks pretty damned good! I can't wait to fire it up!

If you'd like to pick up a copy for yourself, feel free to use the product links below.



Have a good one!

0 comments: