If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Coming Soon: Life in HD

Another few days without a post! I have a good excuse this time around. I've been way too busy to post because I've been scrambling to put together a new bedroom set.

My wife took care of picking out the new bedroom furniture and other furnishings. She organized all of our bedroom "stuff" and moved everything we no longer needed into the basement. She also painted the baseboards and the doors. And she washed the carpets.

What did I do? I picked out the TV and Blu-Ray player!

After our kids go to bed tonight, I get to work. I've got a few things to do:

  1. Put new 42" LCD TV on our sweet new TV stand.
  2. Connect Playstation 3 (a.k.a. Blu-Ray player) to TV.
  3. Connect Xbox 360 to TV.
  4. Set up the HD digital cable box/PVR.
  5. Optimize PS3 and Xbox 360 for TV (i.e. turn them on and make sure that I can see pretty pictures).
  6. Calibrate TV using a THX Optimizer found on the Wall-E blu-ray. I've heard calibrating my HDTV set will make things look nice. And while I'm sure that the picture out of the box will be good enough for me, I don't mind spending a few minutes playing around with some settings.
After that, it's all smooth sailing...for me. My wife still has a bunch to do in the way of decorating the room with new artwork, bedding, throw pillows, and other girly things. It's only fair considering that all the furniture and the TV are all bursting with guy-approved awesomeness.

I think the first movie we'll watch will be Wall-E. I hear it looks damned good in HD.

And then I'll pop in LittleBigPlanet and give that a try.

And then a little Far Cry 2 to see how nice Africa looks on a 42" screen.

And then The Matrix, Star Wars, and every other movie that I own.

I can't wait to try everything out! I'll be back with a full report tomorrow.

This post was cross-posted at Klopzi's Mediocre Poker.



Bonus: All the talk of moving and rearranging the "stuff" in our bedroom got me thinking about an old George Carlin routine:


0 comments: