If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, February 27, 2009

LittleBIGWeekend

Well, well, well...my little sackboy is coming to the end of his journey in LittleBIGPlanet. All that's left for me to do is defeat The Collector. I tried to beat The Collector's second machine last night and came up short numerous times. I was right at the end and couldn't figure out what to do. But thankfully, better players have come through with flying colours to show me the way. I'm such a cheater sometimes...

Has The Collector got you down? Watch the following video and you'll have your "Just Beginning" trophy in no time!



Some people just make it look so easy! Then again, I did beat The Wheel of Death on my first try! I was on my last life when I did get through The Wheel but I did it nonetheless. For what it's worth, beating The Wheel is all about timing and feel. I didn't use any "tricks" to get past it.

There are a few last trophies that I'd like to earn this weekend. I'm planning on returning LittleBIGPlanet to my friend come Monday so I'll have to make my time count over the next few days. Here are the trophies I'm hoping to pick up, along with some tips gathered from PS3Trophies.com's excellent LittleBIGPlanet guide:

Just Beginning (Silver): Complete all the main path story levels.

Finish the game's story mode from start to finish. It's a delightful and charming romp through an imaginative world where delights await eager little Sackboys and Sackgirls around every corner. Seriously - this game is damned impressive and fun!

Expert Creator (Bronze): Complete all levels in the Tutorials.

To get this trophy, you must beat all the tutorials in Create mode. First of all, select the "Next Tutorial" button on the Pop It menu while in Create Mode- after you do all of those, you won’t get the trophy right away. Instead, you must go to the "tools" option in the Pop It menu, and press square on objects with an avocado colored symbol next to it. Select "tutorial" from there. Once you do this for all of these objects, you should get this trophy.

Secret Stickerist (Bronze): Unlock the race in First Steps.

Unlock the hidden race in First Step, the first level of The Gardens. To unlock this race, you must find a Shoe Shaped piece of cardboard early on in the level, and place the shoe sticker on it. If you have this sticker, it should appear in Switch Triggers at the top of the Sticker page during this level. The race starter will drop, and you’ll get this trophy.

Incredible Speed! (Bronze): Travel at incredible speed.

See the Hi Score trophy discussion below.

Incredible Height! (Bronze): Travel to an incredible height.

See the Hi Score trophy discussion below.

Sackbird (Bronze): Spend 8 seconds or more in the air.

See the Hi Score trophy discussion below.

Socialite (Bronze): Complete a level online with 3 other players who are not on your friends list.

Complete a level with three people not on your friends list. If any of these three people aren’t on your friends list, you won’t get this trophy. Choose play online on a popular level, and hope you get three other people to help you complete the level.

Top of the Class (Bronze): Win a 4-player game.

Get the most prize bubbles in a four player game. Doesn’t mater if they’re on your friends list or not. Just get the highest score and win the level by the checkpoint.

Team Creator (Bronze): Build and save a level with more than one player with the thermometer more than 30% full.

I've got two controllers so I'll simply create a level with my second controller turned on. Easy-peasy...

20X Multiplier! (Silver): Get a 20X Multiplier.

See the Hi Score trophy discussion below.

Hi Score (Silver): Collect 1,000,000 points over all levels you have played.

I'll be using the community level "Sit Back and Enjoy 7 Free Trophies" by EliteCAT to grab this trophy. This level that requires very little user input and what created to give users a quick and easy way to pick up trophies. A little cheap but great for those of us who are addicted to gamer points and trophies!

Another great level to earn this trophy is "7 Trophies in 30 Seconds" by SNK3R. It's fast and actually requires input from users which makes the whole level a little more enjoyable on the whole!

And there you have it! A recipe for a full weekend! I'm also going to put in a bit of time with Burnout Paradise and Far Cry 2. I'm actually quite addicted to cruising Paradise City on a bike, of all things. I love how fast they go! I blew a blood vessel in my eye last night because I was staring at the screen so intently! Good stuff!

Have a great weekend!

0 comments: