If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, February 16, 2009

A PS3 for me!

Sorry for the lack of posts over the past week. I've been keeping busy trying to upgrade my master bedroom into a grown-up and HD-enabled wonderland.

I decided to splurge and get myself a new PlayStation 3. We needed a Blu-Ray player and the PS3 seemed like a good deal. I got mine for just over $400 from Dell. The bundle that I got came with a second controller and an HDMI cable. Not too bad for $430. I can't wait to hook this puppy up to the new 42" 1080p LCD TV eventually making its way to my house.

From a game standpoint, I don't really know what'll be worth playing on the PS3. I'll likely play Heavenly Sword, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Resistance: Fall Of Man (and its sequel), and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. I'm also looking forward to playing Heavy Rain when it finally comes out. I loved Indigo Prophecy (the first two-thirds of the game, anyway) and can't wait to experience Quantic Dream's cinematic follow-up.

There are also some Playstation Network games that I would like to try. Both Flower and Flow come to mind as games that might be worth experiencing if the price is right.

Come to think of it, the PS3 has a lot to offer. I would love nothing more than to become a huge Sony fanboy again. I loved the PS2 and I really want to love its next-gen counterpart. A little less "Home" and a little more "Final Fantasy" may just do the trick. I guess we'll find out in time.

While I wait for the new TV to arrive, I'm going to continue playing Far Cry 2 on my Xbox 360. So far, I find the game to be a little tedious. I thought I'd be having more fun with it but it's really dragging. In fairness to Ubisoft, I have yet to actually start the main campaign. I've been focusing on finding all safe houses and clearing out guard posts (which then respawn in a matter of minutes).

But for all the bad things I have to say about Far Cry 2, I can't seem to stop playing it.

Tonight, I'll likely play Far Cry 2 even though I should really be playing some poker.

Have a good one!

0 comments: