If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wheels of Death, Shadows, and the Jansen 88 Special

I feel bad for my online poker habit and my Xbox 360. They're both losing out to my new PlayStation 3 right now. I didn't get a chance to sit down and play anything until about 11 o'clock last night. But when I finally got the chance to pick up that controller, I didn't put it down until just past 1 o'clock in the morning. That's pretty late for nine-to-fiver with a wife and two young kids!

I focused on a few games last night: LittleBIGPlanet, Linger in Shadows, and Burnout Paradise.

I believe that I'm close to finishing LittleBIGPlanet's story mode. I'm at the Bunker level which is, according to the general Internet populace, quite difficult. I found myself trying to get past a big wheel that contains these awful glowing rods that electrocute my poor sackboy whenever he happens to touch them.

After looking online, I thought that I'd come across the infamous "The Wheel of Death". Unfortunately, I'm stuck trying to get past another wheel that will eventually allow me to try my hand at passing the true W.O.D.

I found a terrific video guide for getting past The Wheel of Death (see below). The video also contains an ingenious method of bypassing the wheel that was causing me great difficulty last night.




I'm hoping to finish off LittleBIGPlanet's story mode by the weekend.

I'll also "finish" Linger in Shadows tonight. What a messed up, crazy game though I don't think game is the right word. It's really a piece of interactive art. It makes absolutely no sense and I don't really understand what it is I'm doing when I play/watch the thing. All I know is that I've collected a bunch of trophies for the game (the Sigil trophies). I should be able to pick up the "Greetings" trophies tonight, thanks to a little guide that I found over at PS3Trophies.org.

If you're looking to pick up the Greetings-related trophies, you'll need to play the game in Watch mode. The trophies are unlocked by finding specific images (or postcards) hidden in the 7 minute video. If you'd like find all the postcards, refer to this guide. I was going to reproduce the guide right here but I think it's best to see the image cues along with textual descriptions of what it is you're meant to look for while playing the game.

Finally, Burnout Paradise is totally awesome! The game is so much fun that I can't even begin to discuss it. I spent 25 minutes last night just driving around Paradise City on a bike. The sense of speed is both exhilarating and intimidating. What most surprises me about Burnout Paradise is that I've already played the game on my Xbox 360. I don't know why I'm so fascinated by Burnout Paradise again...but I am! If I get the chance tonight, I'm going to jump into the Jansen 88 Special and take a hover around town looking for Super Jumps to pull off.



And I just found out that the PS3 version of Burnout Paradise allows for custom playlists! I'm gonna set that up tonight too!

Have a great day!

0 comments: