If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Uncharted and the PlayStation Network

Things have been quite busy lately. And when I'm busy, I don't post as much as I'd like. But I'm here today to give a quick update on my current game of choice. I also have a nifty trailer for an upcoming PSN game that looks pretty sweet!

First off, I've been playing a ton of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I think I'm getting close to the end of the game but that's okay. I'm planning on playing through a second time on the hardest difficulty setting. And then there's the matter of picking up the various "Kill X enemies using weapon Y"-type trophies. Uncharted is a lot of fun and I'm happy to spend a little more time with the game just grinding out some trophies and other extras.

In other news, have I mentioned how much I like the games offered by the PSN Store? Sony seems to take a few more chances on its downloadable content. Take, for example, Noby Noby Boy and Linger In Shadows. I've played both of these "games" and haven't been disappointed given their bargain-basement pricing ($4.99 and $2.99 respectively) and interesting/unique/nonsensical gameplay.

Later this year, there is another game coming to the PSN that looks very interesting. It's called Trine and here's what WorthPlaying.com says about the title:

Trine is a fantasy action game where the player can create and use physics-based objects to beat hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. Set in a world of great castles and strange machinery, three heroes are bound to a mysterious device called the Trine in a quest to save the kingdom from evil…

The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different ability helps the player battle an army of un-dead and defeat hazardous contraptions. The player can at any time freely choose whoever is best suited for the upcoming challenge or puzzle: The Wizard is able to summon objects to help solve puzzles and create new ways to overcome obstacles, the Thief uses her agility and dead-on accuracy to swiftly surprise the monsters, and the Warrior unleashes mayhem and physical destruction wherever he goes.
Sounds good, right? It looks pretty good too: take a look at the trailer below.



That's it for today; have a good one!

0 comments: