If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Horror, The Horror: Weekend Edition

My gaming plans for this weekend are simple: play Silent Hill: Homecoming. I won't be able to finish the game over the next couple days but I'm going to do my best to immerse myself in this game's blood-soaked story. On the one hand, I'm looking forward to figuring out just what is going on in Shepherd's Glen. And on the other hand, I'm a little bit scared to see what this game will dish up and send my way.

Tonight I'm going to have a couple drinks before playing. I think there's something to be said about numbing one's senses before taking the plunge into into a game as creepy as Silent Hill: Homecoming.

I did play for about a half-hour last night. I managed to make my way into a flooded basement. Of course, there were horrible creatures lurking about in the filthy, black water. Thankfully, Alex Shepherd (game's protagonist) is (or was) a soldier and can really handle a combat knife.

My plan for tonight is to finish off this first part of the game taking place in Shepherd's Glen. From there, I'm sure I'll somehow get sucked into Silent Hill again. Maybe I'll see Mr. Pyramid Head at one point...? I noticed that he is present in the Silent Hill: Homecoming trailer that auto-plays from the game's main menu if you fail to start a new game or load a current game within a certain time limit. The trailer really made me want to play the game despite watching the bulk of the trailer with my eyes covered.

I'm sure I'll have faced any number of horrors come Monday morning. Here's to a stressful and horror-filled weekend everyone! Now where's my drink...?

0 comments: