If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Second Homecoming

I'm still pretty busy in my life away from games. Basically, I have time to either write about video games or play them: can you guess which choice I've made? Over the past week, I've managed to finish off Silent Hill: Homecoming. Rather than put the game out to pasture, I've decided to play through a second time on the hardest difficulty level. Why make such a bold decision?

I'm now armed with a laser pistol! I picked this gun up after having finished my first play-through with the UFO ending. This nifty little gun makes quick work of any and all enemies in the game. It's quite satisfying being able to take down many of Homecoming's fearsome bosses and the rest of its grotesque menagerie with only a handful of shots from a seemingly-harmless toy gun. Not only is the laser pistol as powerful as a shotgun but it also has unlimited ammo. It's pretty awesome!

My current goal is to get all 1000 achievement points available in the game. I've already picked up one of the game's five endings. On my second playthrough, there are still a large number of ending-related achievements available. With the help of my laser gun and some judicious use of my save game slots, I should have the game finished up over the course of my next few gaming sessions.

I'll soon be playing Resident Evil 5 and Gears of War 2 on my Xbox 360. I'll also get my hands on Fable 2 at some point in the near future too. On the horizon, I'm most looking forward to inFamous and Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I'll keep fighting the good fight for now. Hopefully I'll find more time to write again in the near future!

0 comments: