If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Canada Day!

Tomorrow is Canada Day up here in the Great White North. I'll actually be taking a mini-vacation starting tomorrow and lasting until next Monday morning. I think this five day break will be one of the longest I've taken in a long while. I've never been one to take large chunks of time off work. I prefer to take a number of days off throughout the year instead. I'd much rather work twenty four-day weeks instead of simply taking a full month off work. But that's me.

If you'd like to know what I'll be up to over the next five days, read on.

My plans are pretty simple and include:

  • Sleeping: I'm very tired and could use a few extra hours sleep.
  • Eating: Diets and long weekends don't mix.
  • Drinking: Drinking and Canada Day go together like lamb and tuna fish.
  • Video games: I'm getting my hands on a copy of the new Ghostbusters game for my Xbox 360. Looks pretty good and I'll likely spend some time busting ghosts.
  • Poker: Despite playing a lot of video games lately, I haven't given up on my other hobby. For those who care, my focus at the poker tables will be on short-handed no-limit hold'em, Badugi (a funny form of lowball draw poker), and Omaha 8 or better (like hold'em but played with 4 cards...and two pots to be won).
It's a simple plan, I know, but this break is just what I need to recharge my batteries. I don't think they'll be any updates to the site during my vacation. But you never know.

I'll be back with my final impressions of Prince of Persia and my first impressions of Ghostbusters sometime next week.

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians! And a happy Fourth to my U.S. readers!

0 comments: