If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Exciting E3 2009 News, Reveals, and Trailers

With both the World Series of Poker and E3 going on this week, it's like Christmas in June! Poker aside, there's a lot coming out of E3 that has me excited about the future (near and distant) of gaming. I don't feel like typing all that much today. Instead, you'll find videos of the games and gaming innovations that have me the most excited along with a few comments here and there.

Before we get started, let me just say that I hope you've got your wallets ready. It's going to be an expensive (and awesome) year for video games!

Assassin's Creed 2 (November 2009):

The original Assassin's Creed remains one of the best and most beautiful games that I have ever played. Assassin's Creed showed that style over substance is an acceptable mantra for trail-blazers and those willing to put innovation and risk above profitability. Thankfully, gamers bought enough copies of Assassin's Creed to allow Ubisoft to come out with a much-anticipated sequel. Here's a gameplay demo from Assassin's Creed 2, due out later this year. Ubisoft - could you please send me a review copy of this game? I wouldn't say that I'd kill for a copy...but I happen to be wearing a couple wrist blades right now...just in case, y'know...?




Milo (Project Natal):

Staged demo or not, Peter Molyneux's surreal Milo project is both awesome and frightening. I felt a twinge of guilt and despair when one of my kids died in Fable II. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if I were to become attached to an AI kid and have something happen to him/her/it. As a whole, Project Natal seems impressive but it totally reeks of marketing weasels right now. Let's see how things pan out over the next couple years. Despite being more or less indifferent to Project Natal as a whole, Peter Molyneux's Milo project is still unbelievably impressive. The implications of creating a virtual child, friend, or family member are both overwhelming and fantastical. Take a look for yourself!


Crackdown 2 (TBD 2010):

Crackdown stands out as one of the best games to hit the Xbox 360. There are doubters and haters out there but I stand by my opinion. I loved running amok as a super agent in Pacific City. Leaping over buildings in a single bound. Taking down five gang members with headshots in the span of a single mighty leap from the top of the city's highest skyscrapers. I seriously can't wait for Crackdown 2. Ruffian Games: if you're reading this, please feel free to send me a review copy.



Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Q4 2009):

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was amazing. Its sequel looks to improve on everything done in the first. Need I say more? Uncharted 2 looks awesome. Enough said. Naughty Dog: if you're reading this, please feel free to send me a review copy of the game. Getting my hands on a pre-release copy of Uncharted 2 would be an unexpected pleasure that could likely result in a grown man peeing his pants in giddy, schoolgirl delight.


Secret of Monkey Island (Summer 2009):

If you've ever played Secret of Monkey Island, I've no doubts that you're downloading this game for your Xbox 360 or PC as soon as its released. And for those of you who've never played Secret of Monkey Island, don't be an idiot: buy this game and play it as soon as it comes out. Monkey Island rewrote the book on adventure games and perfected comedic story-telling in video games. I'm more excited about Secret of Monkey Island than I am for any single FPS slated for release in the next couple years.

Final Fantasy XIII (TBD 2010):

It's Final Fantasy XIII! Who isn't excited about this game? I'm just happy that I get to play FF XIII on my PS3! Final Fantasy and PlayStation go together like lamb and tuna fish!



Star Wars: The Old Republic:

I don't play PC games anymore nor do I play MMOs. But I'll be damned if this wasn't one of the sweetest Star Wars game trailers that I've ever seen!


Heavy Rain (2009):

Heavy Rain looks very impressive. Quantic Dream appears to have succeeded in creating an interactive experience that will captivate and entertain adults. Of course, the game may be a little more "adult" than what I was originally anticipating. Heavy Rain does look incredible and may well earn an easy $70 of my hard-earned money.

That's it for today! I'm sure I'll have more in coming days as I see more and more things that I want to buy and play! But for now, back to inFamous!

0 comments: