If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Eating Lead and Pedal to the Metal

Today's post is going to be a quick one...

...but not that quick. More after the jump.

I finished Resident Evil 5 over the weekend. I found the game to be surprisingly awesome. I could have done without the last part of an epic boss fight. That's the only time I had to consult the Internet for help. Things got a little too tough for me and I started to wonder how it was realistically possible to beat the game. Thankfully, RE5 handles checkpoints in such a way that the game can get substantially easier on repeated checkpoint playthroughs.

I'm currently playing Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift.

Eat Lead is a pretty mediocre shooter with some funny bits thrown in here and there. I really want to like the game but I'm finding my patience getting tested more than I'd like. I've taken to a "one level per night" schedule of play. I'm not sure if I could handle more than that right now. Maybe if I drank heavily while playing...?

As for MotorStorm: Pacific Rift, it's definitely a humbling experience. I'm not very good when it comes to racing sims. If my performance in Pacific Rift is any judge, I'm even worse at cross-country, "x-treme" racing. But I will say that MotorStorm definitely delivers in the adrenaline, "fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants-action" department. I've driven in some pretty intense races against A.I. opponents. They're much better than I am...for now. Maybe I'll take my game online someday...

That's about it for today. I've included a some video reviews of Eat Lead and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift below. That should give you a good idea of what I'm doing on a near-nightly basis.



Have a good one!

0 comments: