If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Threepwood and Vercetti: My Return to PC Gaming

I used to play PC games exclusively before picking my PS2 and a copy of Final Fantasy X back in 2001. And while I would never get back into PC gaming due to the outrageous costs associated with upgrading CPUs and video cards (and motherboards, fans, memory, peripherals, etc.), I don't mind picking up a few games here and there just for enjoyment's sake. After a stressful night at the poker tables, I'm sometimes looking for a quick game that I can pop on and play just for fun.

I'm still waiting to get my hands on a copy of Ghostbusters. I thought I was going to be playing that game over the course of last week's vacation. Things didn't work out and have yet to start busting ghosts, goblins, and walking marshmallows. But I did manage to get my hand on one pretty incredible PC game deal: the Grand Theft Auto Trilogy. For a mere $30, I got the three best GTA titles - GTA III, GTA: Vice City, and GTA: San Andreas - in one nifty little trilogy pack.

You might be wondering why I would buy any of these games again after having experienced them so many times on my PS2 and my Xbox console. The simple truth is that these games represent some of the best gaming that has ever been created. And with my laptop running these games quite smoothly at 1920 x 1200 resolution, I'm quite happy to kick back and play a little GTA from time to time. My only complaint thus far is that I no longer like playing video games using a keyboard and mouse. Thankfully, I'll have that issue resolved tomorrow night when I get my Xbox 360 controller to play nicely with my PC.

Another game that I'm considering buying for my laptop is the Tales of Monkey Island series. At only $34.95 for the entire series of five episodes, I'd say this is a steal. In fact, I'm buying Tales of Monkey Island as I write this. I'll give the first episode a try later tonight and return with a review later this week.

I've included game trailers for Tales of Monkey Island, Grand Theft Auto III, GTA: Vice City, and GTA: San Andreas below for your viewing pleasure!

Have a good one!






Grand Theft Auto III



Grand Theft Auto: Vice City



Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

0 comments: