If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

There Will Be Blood

I started playing Red Faction: Guerrilla over the weekend after finishing up Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. I was pleasantly surprised by Red Faction. After watching the trailers and other promotional videos for the game, I was sure that the game would be a dud. Thankfully, I was wrong: Red Faction is awesome!

Unfortunately, I just realized that some of the games that I've been putting off for a while - namely Prototype - have quite a bit of trade-value at stores like Blockbuster Video and EB Games. So I'll be putting Red Faction: Guerrilla on hold while I finish up some other games. I hate to do it. Putting aside a fun game for a "less-fun" game always sucks.

In all honesty, I have not given Prototype much of a chance. I think inFamous ruined any chances I might have of loving Prototype. inFamous was just incredible and there's no way that I could have expected as much from Prototype. Prototype seems more geared towards non-stop action, outrageous powers, and lots of fighting and gore. These aren't things that I really look for in games anymore. I like story. I like action but in small, manageable doses.

In any case, Prototype is first on my list of must-finish games. Next up will be Wheelman. And then I'll get back to Red Faction before I go out and pick up Batman: Arkham Asylum. I'm not sure if I have enough time to get through all these games. We'll see how things go over the next month or so.

Before I go, I wanted to take the opportunity to point out that Ratchet & Clank's first foray onto the PS3 was terrific! I loved everything about the game. Even though some of the boss fights were pretty challenging, I stuck to my guns (pun intended?) and finished off the game. It's hard to believe that I actually played and finished a game without the lure of achievements or trophies prodding me along. If that's not an endorsement of just how much fun R&CF: TOD is to play, I don't know what is! I'm really looking forward to Ratchet and Clank's newest adventure, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time, coming exclusively to the Playstation 3 in October!

Have a good one!




Bonus Videos: Red Faction: Guerrilla trailer and video review and a "Top Ten Reasons to Play Prototype" video





0 comments: