If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Weekends, Boss Fights, and Trophy Support

I've been pretty busy these past couple weeks. No time to write but I'm still finding time to play. No matter how hectic life gets, video games are always a great way to unwind after a long day.

I've been focused on finishing Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. I anticipate having that finished this evening. I only have the last boss fight to finish before I can claim victory. I've tried the last fight four times and have been soundly smoked each time; I'll get it though.

I also go stumped on an earlier bossfight against the "Kerchu Guardian". I tried to make things way too hard on myself and ended up getting quite frustrated wtih that boss. In the end, an easy strategy is to use Rachet's fully upgraded Nano-swarmers against the Kerchu Guardian. Six Nano-swarmers is enough to kill the Kerchu Guardian. Just make sure that Ratchet is on the ground - as opposed to hanging upside down - before launching any swarmers. Here's a video showing the Kerchu Guardian in all its glory. Some minor spoilers for those still wishing to play the game.



Once I've finished R&CF:TOD, I'm going to return to Wheelman and also start Red Faction: Guerrilla. Wheelman is terrific fun despite the fact that there are some frustratingly difficult sections in the game. Some missions are incredibly simple while others are damn near impossible. I prefer when games get progressively more difficult: smooth difficulty curves are nice and fair. I guess Vin Diesel doesn't roll that way.

Finally,have any of you PS3 users out there noticed the updated Playstation online trophy support. The US Playstation site has now created their own portable ids that display trophy information. These widgets are much slicker than their European counterparts. You can see my portable id on my site (right-hand side). The US Playstation site also allows for trophy comparison between friends. All in all, I'd say Sony has finally figured out this "trophy" stuff and has caught up with Microsoft in this regard.

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: