If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Reasons to Smile

No matter how hectic, annoying, or flat-out awful life gets, there are still things that can put a smile on my face. My wife and kids are paramount to my good mental health. Friends, food, and drink also help me get through periodic bouts of despair. And then, there are video games. These little gems that take me away from reality and put me in the shoes of a hero or heroine overcoming all obstacles in an epic quest the likes of which we'd never see in the real world.

These are some of the things that bring a smile to my lips. Of course, there's more...

I picked up my new Turtle Beach Ear Force X-1 headphones last night. They worked flawlessly, delivering solid stereo sound with a good deal of bass.

I've used my exercise bike three times this week without injuring myself in any way. I won't have to feel guilty about eating a bit of junk food tonight.

I spoke with my cable company today and actually managed to knock $14 off my total bill while increasing the numbers of channels that my wife and I can watch. A small miracle, I'd say.

Uncharted 2 looks awesome. Do you have any doubts? Watch this video and see if you can avoid getting overly excited about a game that will be a strong contender for Game of the Year!




Assassin's Creed was an incredible achievement in both gameplay and graphics. Assassin's Creed II is upping the ante and looks to be an incredible achievement in the world of video games.


There's a lot more that I could say. I've got great RPGs coming in the mail. I bought an interesting poker book that could give me a solid head-start on broadening my mixed-games skills. And I'm counting down the hours to the time when I can go home and spend a couple of days at home with my family.

Have a great weekend everyone!

0 comments: