If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Assassins and Generals

I've spent a lot of time murdering my way through Renaissance Italy over the past couple of weeks. Assassin's Creed II does sandbox games the way that I like them: huge maps filled with lots of people and things to do, danger and rewards around every corner.

But Assassin's Creed II isn't the only game that I've really enjoyed in the past few months. I played a lot of Borderlands before Christmas last year. And while I haven't played the game for a little while, I plan on getting back to Borderlands pretty soon.

I've still got a lot of trophies left to earn in Borderlands. I've only reached level 43 with my Mordecai character. I still have a couple trophies left to pick up from Borderlands' first DLC pack - The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned.

There is also the matter of Borderlands newest DLC expansion pack - The Secret Armory of General Knoxx. This expansion ups the level cap to 61 from the original 50. New loot, new enemies, and a whole lot more. This newest DLC offering seems much better than the so-so Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot which, for the record, I never played.

I'm going to finish off Assassin's Creed II, Lego Batman, and Dead Space in the month (or two). But then, I'm putting everything on hold for Borderlands

Check out the newest Borderlands trailer below. Then jump onto the Xbox Live Marketplace or the PSN Store (tomorrow) and pick up your own copy of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx!

0 comments: