If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Here's the story....

I've been away for a while. I haven't been playing many games at all. In fact, last night's 10 minutes session of Flower on my PS3 is the first gaming I've done in 2010. I wanted to focus on my online poker hobby a bit more this year in the hopes of becoming a better player and making more money.

Easier said than done, of course.

As you can read in my latest post at Klopzi's Mediocre Poker, I'm in a bit of a funk. And while I thought that I could give up video games in favour of poker, the reality is that I still like video games. They're definitely a selfish and self-serving hobby but I guess it's okay to be selfish from time to time.

My biggest problem with many of the games coming out is that they are being made for a more mature audience. Before I was married, I had no problems with mature games. I would have loved to have games filled with sex and violence, with breasts and blood filling the screen at all times (though not at the same time...creepy).

I've had problems playing these mature games in recent years. I'm not comfortable playing certain games with my wife or kids watching. And I'm not comfortable playing certain games knowing that I'm a husband and father. I realize I'm probably in the minority here because I've very rarely heard of any other older gamers discuss these issues on any of the forums I frequent.

In any case, I'm going to try playing some games in the coming months. As I pointed out in the post on my other site, I'm hoping to play these four games in the near future:

I've also got a fresh copy of Dead Space for my PS3 just sitting there. I've heard great things about the game but have been too consumed with poker to play it. And, truth be told, I'm also a little afraid to play the game as well.

I'm going to see about playing some other games that I may have overlooked due to mature content, such as Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins. I'm not making any decisions yet.

Who knew that life as an older gamer could get so complicated?

Have a good one!

1 comments:

juegosguaysguays said...

hola si te interesa intercamviar Enlaces RecĂ­procos con juegosguaysguays visita mi blog puedes dejarme tu URL En cualquier entrada del blog pondre tu sitio en la pagina principal de juegosguaysguays me puedes dejar todas las URL que desees tienes un blog muy bueno espero tu respuesta en los comentarios de mi blog un saludo