If you'd like to advertise on this site, please e-mail us to discuss details and rates.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ultimate Alliance, Dragon's Lair, and Cupid

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I spent the bulk of my weekend spending time with my family. And my wife and I spent some time celebrating Valentine's Day. But I also got quite a bit of time to play some games.

I was able to finish off Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. The entire game took me about 11 hours to complete. I ended up joining the anti-registration side in the Civil War. I was able to take Deadpool and Spider-man with me when I decided to join Captain America's ragtag bunch of rebels. I agreed with the anti-reg ideals but had to first confirm that Deadpool would be available for use. I honestly think Deadpool is the greatest hero available in MUA 2. Each of his powers are terrific. And Deadpool's ability to regenerate meant that I could throw him into the thick of things without concerning myself too much with his well-being.

I wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 given its mediocre review scores. It seems that my fears were unwarranted. MUA 2's graphics and story were all top-notch. I originally thought that the original Marvel Ultimate Alliance was the better of the two games. I'm not so sure now.

I preferred the story for the first MUA: I liked the whole "deity" spin and Doctor Doom is a great villain. But MUA 2's graphics and gameplay easily beat out the original. I think the Fusion Powers really made the game for me. There's something addictive about taking on waves of enemies until you unlock the ability to devastate everything on the screen in one grandiose attack. Pretty neat stuff!

If you liked the original Marvel Ultimate Alliance, you owe it to yourself to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. It's a fine addition to the Marvel games library. Hopefully there are more Ultimate Alliance games in the works!

In other news, I also received my copies of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in the mail. What can I say? These games are hard and a bit frustrating. I wasn't quite sure when I was supposed to push the buttons on my remote. And the action is so fast at times that I had no idea what was going on. I'm guessing that a bit more practice and a little patience should see me beating these games shortly.

My plans for tonight are to start playing Metal Gear Solid 4. I've put off playing MGS4 due to the lack of PS3 trophy support. Well, it looks like trophies are not coming and I can't hold off any longer. I've always been a sucker for game cinematics and MGS4 looks to deliver on that front. I'll be back tomorrow with my first impressions of the game.

Have a good one!

0 comments: